Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- There may be a reason to believe that the Controller is wrong - July 30, 2014
- But he's correct. There was zero signs of any improvement in - July 30, 2014
- GhQLLEORLDZK - July 30, 2014
- Mirk's greatest achievement is to change the phone tariff? - July 30, 2014
- Nope, I was merely explaining to you the rights you have in - July 30, 2014
- Since SFMTA reports to the mayor, the distinction is moot - July 30, 2014
- marcos does not wish to believe that the Twitter tax break was a - July 30, 2014
- So are you claiming that the controller's Office is lying? - July 30, 2014
- The Controller is now Omniscent? - July 30, 2014
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc. - July 30, 2014